Two-year subscription + Two Great DVDs free: “Koichi Tohei: Aikido with KI” and “Seigo Yamaguchi: A Seminar in Paris!" ($58.75)
Strict Standards: mktime(): You should be using the time() function instead in /home/ab2397/public_html/catalog/productdetails.php on line 250
Special Offer! We are now including free copies of a two great DVDs: “Koichi Tohei: Aikido with KI” and “Seigo Yamaguchi: A Seminar in Paris”” for those subscribing or renewing for two years!
In an effort to reach out to new readers, we are pleased to offer two special gifts for those who take out a two-year subscription to the Online Aikido Journal. You will receive complimentary copies of a two wonderful DVDs: “Koichi Tohei: Aikido with KI” and “Seigo Yamaguchi: A Seminar in Paris,” outstanding products featuring two of the most influential aikido teachers of the postwar era, Koichi Tohei, 10th dan and Seigo Yamaguchi, 8th dan. Tohei Sensei needs no introduction as the foremost advocate of “Aikido with Ki” while Yamaguchi Sensei practiced a unique style of dynamic aikido that garnered devotes all over the world. The cost of your two-year subscription plus the free materials is only $54.75 plus shipping & handling, yielding a savings of a full $79.90.
Aikido Journal Online has the world’s largest archive of Aikido-related material including articles, interviews, photographs and video clips. As an Aikido Journal Online subscriber you will have access to a variety of website resources reserved exclusively for members.
Besides these advantages, by becoming an Aikido Journal Online subscriber, you help support our staff in its continuing work of researching and documenting the history of aikido, Daito-ryu aikijujutsu, and related martial arts.
We proudly announce the release of the first publicly available DVD featuring famous Aikikai Hombu Dojo instructor, Seigo Yamaguchi. Yamaguchi Sensei was one of the most important of the first generation of aikido instructors of the postwar era. He taught at the Aikikai Hombu Dojo in Tokyo for several decades until his passing in 1996. Having now become nearly a legend, Yamaguchi Sensei influenced several generations of practitioners within the Aikikai system during his career including many of today’s senior instructors of the Headquarters school.
Yamaguchi Sensei’s aikido had a unique flavor that was appealing to thousands of aikidoka who came into contact with him during his long teaching career. His style was characterized by a powerful, spontaneous technique adapted freely to rapidly changing circumstances. His movements ranging from soft to explosive must be seen to be appreciated. The present video represents a rare look at Yamaguchi Sensei in his prime during a seminar held in Paris, France in 1987. Now aikido practitioners everywhere will have an opportunity to experience his instruction and superlative technique for the first time ever!
This invaluable program is available with complete subtitles in English and French for greater accessibility to an international audience.
Click here to watching exciting video clips from this program on Youtube.com!
Sign up here for a Two-Year Subscription to the Aikido Journal Members Site. Paid subscribers have access to all available materials. At the present time, this includes over 2,000 articles, encyclopedia entries, interviews, chronologies, images and videos. The vast amount of content covers virtually every aspect of aikido and related disciplines.
These materials are fully indexed for easy search and retrieval of specific content. Paid members have the means to quickly inform themselves on any covered subject, and further deepen their knowledge of all aikido-related areas. Paid subscribers also receive our newsletter containing timely information on new content on Aikido Journal, aikido resources, special discounts, etc. There is no better investment for the serious aikido practitioner!
Breakthrough DVD featuring Aikido’s first 10th dan in his prime!
Koichi Tohei is one of the most important figures in the postwar development of aikido. He played a pivotal role in spreading the art in Japan and the USA from the early 1950s through the mid-1970s. Tohei traveled abroad on numerous occasions during his active years conducting seminars and demonstrations. He is also a prolific author, having published many works in Japanese and English. His publications had a strong influence both technically and philosophically on early aikido practitioners.
- Documentary: a presentation tracing the early life and aikido background of Koichi Tohei through his years as Chief Instructor of the Aikikai Hombu Dojo, through his establishment of Shin Shin Toitsu Aikido in 1974. Many historical photos capture the highlights of Tohei Sensei’s stellar career and explain why his efforts and accomplishments have left such an indelible imprint on modern aikido.
- Warmups and preparatory exercises: this section presents the elaborate warmups and exercise system developed by Tohei Sensei as a prelude to training in aikido techniques. They emphasize stability, relaxation, and the proper use of ki.
- Techniques: a presentation of the technical curriculum taught by Tohei Sensei during the 1950s, 60s, and early 70s, during his tenure at the Aikikai Hombu Dojo. Tohei Sensei demonstrates most of his “50 Arts of Aikido” from a 1967 film.
- Seminar: nearly 40 minutes of rare film footage of a 1974 seminar conducted by Tohei Sensei in San Francisco. Scores of techniques from his curriculum are clearly demonstrated. This historical film has been digitally remastered for the highest possible image quality.
- Demonstrations: bonus footage of four demonstrations by Tohei Sensei: 1952 demonstration outdoors, also featuring Kisshomaru Ueshiba and Tadashi Abe; 1967 All-Japan Aikido Demonstration; 1968 Special Demonstration at Hombu Dojo; 1973 All-Japan Aikido Demonstration.
Order Online or Call +1-702-897-9507 (9am to 6pm PST)
2Checkout.com, Inc. is an authorized retailer of Aikido Journal Online
Order online using our secure server. Alternatively, call 1-702-897-9507 or send check or money orders to our US service center:Aikido Journal
452 E. Silverado Ranch Blvd. #361
Las Vegas, Nevada 89183
United States of America
Product Questions? Ordering Problems? Please call 1-702-897-9507 or contact us via the web.
All prices listed are in US currency. Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover credit cards are accepted. Please provide card holder name, number & expiry date, address, telephone number and e-mail address. Also accepted are US$ checks or bank drafts drawn on a USA bank or US currency.
Aikido Journal is an Operation of Hirameki LP