NISHIO, SHOJI 西尾昭二
(1927-15 Mar 2005). 8th dan Aikikai. Aikikai Shihan. Began practice at the AIKIKAI HOMBU DOJO at the end of 1951 and became a shihan c. 1955. Also an advanced practitioner of judo, karate, iaido and jojutsu, elements of which are incorporated into his aikido. He taught for more than five decades in the Tokyo-Yokohama area. His overseas travels took him to Scandanavia, the U. S. and France. Nishio participated in the 1985 FRIENDSHIP DEMONSTRATION. Interviewed AN#60-61, #91-92.
- Interview with Shoji Nishio (1984), Part 2
- Interview with Shoji Nishio (1984), Part 1
- Interview with Shoji Nishio (1992), Part 1
- Interview with Shoji Nishio (1992), Part 2
- Chronological Chart: The Principal Disciples of Morihei Ueshiba
- Shoji Nishio: Nishio Aikido, Vols. 1 & 2
- Shoji Nishio: Nishio Aikido, Vols. 3 & 4
- Shoji Nishio: Nishio Aikido, Vols. 5 & 6
- Shoji Nishio: Aikido - Yurusu Budo
The images associated with this entry may be viewed by Aikido Journal subscribers. Your subscriptions make possible the continuing development of this reference work. To view the related images please login below or if you are not a member click here to subscribe.