SAITO, MORIHIRO 斉藤守弘
(31 March 1928-13 May 2002). 9th dan Aikikai. B. Ibaragi Prefecture. Retired Japan National Railways and Aikikai Shihan. First taught by Morihei UESHIBA in Iwama in the summer of 1946. Received the property on which his house was built directly from Ueshiba out of gratitude for helping to settle a land dispute. Considered the leading expert on the AIKI KEN and AIKI JO based on his long tutelage under Morihei Ueshiba in Iwama and subsequent refinement of weapons curriculum. Author of six books on aikido, a Japanese-English five-volume series entitled Traditional Aikido and a short training manual entitled Takemusu Aiki. Former head of the Ibaragi Dojo in IWAMA and guardian of the AIKI SHRINE. Appeared in all four of the AIKI NEWS-sponsored FRIENDSHIP DEMONSTRATIONS. Taught on numerous occasions in the U.S., Europe, and Australia. Initiated a traditional style certification for the aiki ken and aiki jo beginning May 1989. Interviewed AN#32-34, 74-75.
- Morihei Ueshiba & Morihiro Saito
- Morihei Ueshiba and Morihiro Saito
- Interview with Morihiro Saito (1991)
- Interview with Morihiro Saito (1978)
- Interview with Morihiro Saito - Part 1 (1979)
- Morihiro Saito Celebrates 50 Years in Aikido
- Remembering Morihiro Saito Sensei
- Chronological Chart: The Principal Disciples of Morihei Ueshiba
- Aiki Ken on DVD
- Aiki Jo on DVD
- 1st Friendship Demonstration, Part 2
- 2nd Aikido Friendship Demonstration, Part 1
- 3rd Friendship Demonstration, Part 2
- Morihiro Saito: Lost Seminars, Part 1
- Shomen portrait of Morihiro Saito
- Set of Seven Morihiro Saito DVDs at 30% Off!
- Takemusu Aikido (Vol. 2)
- Takemusu Aikido (Vol. 3)
- Takemusu Aikido: Kokyunage (Vol. 4)
- Takemusu Aikido: Bukidori & Ninindori (Vol. 5)
- Takemusu Aikido Special Edition (Vol. 6)
The images associated with this entry may be viewed by Aikido Journal subscribers. Your subscriptions make possible the continuing development of this reference work. To view the related images please login below or if you are not a member click here to subscribe.