Frequently Asked Questions
How do I sign up to get into the subscribers only areas?
I am a subscriber, but I lost my password. How do I get it back?
How do I login as a subscriber to the Online Aikido Journal?
First, you have to be a current subscriber (see below). After you've signed up as a subscriber you can login here.
Help, I can't login. What's wrong?
There are a number of reasons why you might not be able to login. The first being that you haven't signed up for a subscription. Remember, an account for the bulletin board and subscription are not one in the same (see below). If you haven't subscribed then you need to do so first (also see below). If you do have an account, then when you attempt to login it should give you a detailed error about the problem. The most common causes are an incorrect username and password (if you lost your password, see below) or an expired subscription (if you want to renew, see below).
Another possibility is that your account has been flagged as inactive. This happens when a subscription account is being used in multiple places at the same time and gets temporarily suspended or the rules of the blog commenting system have been violated. In this instance please contact us via the web.
Finally, when all else fails contact us via the web.
How do I signup to become a member of the bulletin board and begin posting?
If you are interested in becoming a member and would like to start posting, please follow the procedure below:
1. Click here to go to the forums index page.
2. Click on the far right tab on the top labeled "Register."
3. Read through the "Registration Agreement Terms" and click on the link indicating your agreement to the terms.
4. You will then be forwarded to the "Profile Information" page that includes three sections. You must fill in all fields of the top section in order to register. This also includes a "Confirmation Code" that must be copied exactly. You may provide profile information in the center section if you wish. You will also want to review and possibly modify the "Preferences" section to change the default settings.
5. When you are finished with the profile section you press the "submit" button at the bottom of the page which will then trigger an email to be sent to the address you have specified. After receiving the email, write a short response telling us a bit about yourself and confirming the fact that you are "human" and not a spider or robot!
6. Your email will be sent to us and, in most cases, approved by one of our staff. After approval you will be notified by email and can begin posting on the forums.
The procedure can be completed in under five minutes and you only need do it one time in order to join the Aikido Journal forums. Please feel free to become a member and post your questions and comments freely.
I signed up for the bulletin board, why I can't I login to the subscribers' area?
A subscription to Aikido Journal Online and a username on the bulletin board are completely unrelated. A subscription to Aikido Journal Online has a yearly fee and allows a member to access special material at Aikido Journal including the entire articles' collection and all of our videos. A bulletin board username can be obtained free of charge and is for use strictly on the bulletin board and isn't valid anywhere else.
I logged in fine but I still can't access the members only material. What gives?
Odds are you have cookies turned off. It's about the only thing that would cause this problem.
Although cookies are almost always on, in the event that they're turned off to turn them back on you need to do the following for Windows Explorer: (If you use another browser, it's generally clearly stated in the browser preferences.)
- Go to "Tools" in your menu bar.
- Go to "Internet Options" in that menu.
- Click the "Security" tab.
- Click the "Custom Level" button.
- Scroll down to the "Cookies" section.
- Enable both of options under the "Cookies" section.
- Apply the changes.