Koichi Tohei - "Aikido with Ki" ($29.95)
Strict Standards: mktime(): You should be using the time() function instead in /home/ab2397/public_html/catalog/productdetails.php on line 250
Breakthrough DVD featuring Aikido’s first 10th dan in his prime!
Koichi Tohei is one of the most important figures in the postwar development of aikido. He played a pivotal role in spreading the art in Japan and the USA from the early 1950s through the mid-1970s. Tohei traveled abroad on numerous occasions during his active years conducting seminars and demonstrations. He is also a prolific author, having published many works in Japanese and English. His publications had a strong influence both technically and philosophically on early aikido practitioners.
- Documentary: a presentation tracing the early life and aikido background of Koichi Tohei through his years as Chief Instructor of the Aikikai Hombu Dojo, through his establishment of Shin Shin Toitsu Aikido in 1974. Many historical photos capture the highlights of Tohei Sensei’s stellar career and explain why his efforts and accomplishments have left such an indelible imprint on modern aikido.
- Warmups and preparatory exercises: this section presents the elaborate warmups and exercise system developed by Tohei Sensei as a prelude to training in aikido techniques. They emphasize stability, relaxation, and the proper use of ki.
- Techniques: a presentation of the technical curriculum taught by Tohei Sensei during the 1950s, 60s, and early 70s, during his tenure at the Aikikai Hombu Dojo. Tohei Sensei demonstrates most of his “50 Arts of Aikido” from a 1967 film.
- Seminar: nearly 40 minutes of rare film footage of a 1974 seminar conducted by Tohei Sensei in San Francisco. Scores of techniques from his curriculum are clearly demonstrated. This historical film has been digitally remastered for the highest possible image quality.
- Demonstrations: bonus footage of four demonstrations by Tohei Sensei: 1952 demonstration outdoors, also featuring Kisshomaru Ueshiba and Tadashi Abe; 1967 All-Japan Aikido Demonstration; 1968 Special Demonstration at Hombu Dojo; 1973 All-Japan Aikido Demonstration.
Order Online or Call +1-702-897-9507 (9am to 6pm PST)
2Checkout.com, Inc. is an authorized retailer of Aikido Journal Online
Order online using our secure server. Alternatively, call 1-702-897-9507 or send check or money orders to our US service center:Aikido Journal
452 E. Silverado Ranch Blvd. #361
Las Vegas, Nevada 89183
United States of America
Product Questions? Ordering Problems? Please call 1-702-897-9507 or contact us via the web.
All prices listed are in US currency. Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover credit cards are accepted. Please provide card holder name, number & expiry date, address, telephone number and e-mail address. Also accepted are US$ checks or bank drafts drawn on a USA bank or US currency.
Aikido Journal is an Operation of Hirameki LP